Forbes - Stock News
- Despite Lingering Trade Talk, Market Appears To Have Momentum From Earnings
This morning, it appears that momentum from generally solid earnings might be on the forefront of investors’ minds while trade chatter takes a back seat
- Analysts Anticipate The iShares Russell 1000 Value ETF To Hit $139
For the iShares Russell 1000 Value ETF, we found that the implied analyst target price for the ETF based upon its underlying holdings is $139.36 per unit.
- 2 Cheap Growth And Dividend Stocks Whose Share Prices Could Explode In August
These two growth and dividend heroes are trading much too cheaply today. Here is why I reckon their share prices could lift off later this month.
- The Steady Trend Upward In Interest Rates & In The Price Of Oil
A serious look at the trends right now in the level of interest rates and in the price of oil.
- Two Mistakes Investors Make When Investing In Biotechnology Companies
Biotechnology stocks were some of the strongest performing stocks from 2009-2015. Then, the biotech bubble burst and just about every major biotech stock plunged into a private bear market.
- Shutterfly To Witness A Strong Quarter Backed By Its Restructuring Initiatives
Keeping in mind the growth delivered in the last quarter, the market expects Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) to report a solid financial performance for its June quarter on 7th August 2018, driven by its imp [...]
- Oracle: The Leopard Is Finally Changing Its Spots
As an Oracle owner, I have long bemoaned the company's policies related to share-based compensation of executives. I'm happy to see that this leopard is finally changing its spots.
- What To Expect From Groupon Through 2018 After Q2 Revenue Decline
Groupon announced its second quarter earnings on August 3, reporting a 7% year-over-year decline in revenues to $617 million. The company reported a similar decline in revenues in the first quarter as [...]
The Wall Street Journal - Money News
The Wall Street Journal – Money Beat
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Airline Stocks, Fidelity Commissions, Apple Picking
Investors tend to turn optimistic on airline stocks before the winter; Fidelity is the latest firm to cut online trading commission to zero, and orchards pull out the stops to lure patrons.
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Muni Market, Social Media, Secret Condo Buys
More than half of the total amount of municipal bonds held by households—a third of the $4 trillion market—now sits in separately managed accounts or mutual funds; cocoa prices are surging [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Jumbo Bond Trades, U.S. Firms Squeezed, Sleepover Worries
Innovations help bond traders make billion-dollar trades with the click of a mouse; the squeeze on U.S. companies may be worse than it seems, and parents are worried about midnight gadget use by their [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Quality Stocks, GE Fixer, Farewell Tours
Economic uncertainty has pushed investors into stocks that may be better able to withstand a downturn; GE CEO Larry Culp reassures executives of the struggling behemoth that he’ll leave intact i [...]
- U.S. Economy in ‘Good Place’ as Oil Edges Upward—Energy Journal
The U.S. economy—with low inflation, low unemployment, and an outlook for continued moderate growth—remains in a “good place,” Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said last [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Gold ETF Risks, Fed Bank Breaks, Dual-Career Bliss
What to consider before investing in gold exchange traded funds; the Fed could give big banks a break on postcrisis rules, and the key to bliss in a dual-career relationship.
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Industrial Stocks, Tax Season, Next Tesla
Industrial stocks are poised for their worst week since December; the end of tax season finds some accountants almost ready, and the next Tesla might be found in an all-electric hypercar.
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Haunted Stock Market, BlackRock in China, Home Redo Perils
Past October performances haunt investors in U.S. stocks; BlackRock has talks with Tencent in bid to strengthen its foothold in China, and a list of the pluses and perils of living through a home reno [...]