Forbes - Stock News
- Despite Lingering Trade Talk, Market Appears To Have Momentum From Earnings
This morning, it appears that momentum from generally solid earnings might be on the forefront of investors’ minds while trade chatter takes a back seat
- Analysts Anticipate The iShares Russell 1000 Value ETF To Hit $139
For the iShares Russell 1000 Value ETF, we found that the implied analyst target price for the ETF based upon its underlying holdings is $139.36 per unit.
- 2 Cheap Growth And Dividend Stocks Whose Share Prices Could Explode In August
These two growth and dividend heroes are trading much too cheaply today. Here is why I reckon their share prices could lift off later this month.
- The Steady Trend Upward In Interest Rates & In The Price Of Oil
A serious look at the trends right now in the level of interest rates and in the price of oil.
- Two Mistakes Investors Make When Investing In Biotechnology Companies
Biotechnology stocks were some of the strongest performing stocks from 2009-2015. Then, the biotech bubble burst and just about every major biotech stock plunged into a private bear market.
- Shutterfly To Witness A Strong Quarter Backed By Its Restructuring Initiatives
Keeping in mind the growth delivered in the last quarter, the market expects Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) to report a solid financial performance for its June quarter on 7th August 2018, driven by its imp [...]
- Oracle: The Leopard Is Finally Changing Its Spots
As an Oracle owner, I have long bemoaned the company's policies related to share-based compensation of executives. I'm happy to see that this leopard is finally changing its spots.
- What To Expect From Groupon Through 2018 After Q2 Revenue Decline
Groupon announced its second quarter earnings on August 3, reporting a 7% year-over-year decline in revenues to $617 million. The company reported a similar decline in revenues in the first quarter as [...]
The Wall Street Journal - Money News
The Wall Street Journal – Money Beat
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Sour China Bonds, Purdue Pharma Breaks, Milan Real Estate
Investors fumed as China developed a new playbook for state-backed bonds; more investment funds reduced their times with the family behind Purdue Pharma, and Milan's real estate market has taken [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Apple Sales Dip, China Global Tax, Married Finance Combo
Apple pulled its cheerful sales forecast for the current quarter; the little-known tax drive associated with China’s Belt and Road initiative could shape corporate tax rules around the world, an [...]
- BP Contemplates a Post-Oil World—Energy Journal
Define “Beyond Petroleum.” That’s BP CEO Bernard Looney’s challenge. The oil giant rebranded itself with that moniker more than a decade ago—and the world will have a cha [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Stocks Hit Highs, Mom and Pop Millionaires, Inflight Movies
China plays got left behind as U.S. markets charged to new highs; mom and pop millionaires are driving Blackstone’s growth, and some airlines are ditching seatback screens on domestic flights.
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Slow and Steady Nestle, Tesla Financing Probed, Retirement Plan Rules
Nestlé was described as one of the most reliable operators in a changing consumer-goods industry; the SEC launched a probe of Tesla's financing, and the new rules for retirement plans are [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Small-Cap Health, Wells Fargo Overhaul, Oil Hedging
Small-cap health stocks have stood out in 2020; Wells Fargo CEO put his stamp on the firm with overhaul of reporting lines, and the hedging strategy adopted by some banks likely exacerbated oil price [...]
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Commodities Pressured, Insurers Up Prices, Saudi Fund Broker
The coronavirus has weighed on multiple commodities; insurers have driven up prices on U.S. businesses, and a reality-TV producer has turned into a rainmaker for a $300 billion Saudi fund.
- WSJ Wealth Adviser Briefing: Energy Stock Turnaround, Tesla Bears Suffer, Stock Traders Meditate
Energy shares have performed poorly but could be in for a turn around; investors who took the position that Tesla shares were overvalued have taken $8.4 billion of losses, mindfulness might lead to be [...]